DIWA offers diving instructors from other recognized dive training organizations the possibility to switch to DIWA through a crossover seminar. The assignment into the DIWA system is based on two factors: 1. Current skills and abilities as well as theoretical and practical knowledge and skills as divers and instructors. 2. According to generally accepted equivalence. There can be no claim to the assignment to a particular DIWA instructor level.
If there are minimal deviations in the prerequisites for the targeted instructor level (e.g. insufficient dives, minimum age not yet reached), the crossover participant is initially certified one level lower. Once the prerequisites have been fulfilled (e.g. minimum number of dives or age reached), the automatic accreditation is carried out for the initially targeted instructor level.
If a higher instructor level rather than the equivalent instructor level is targeted as part of a crossover, this is treated as training with the corresponding training record.
The approval rights for specialty courses of the DIWA system must be available to the crossover participant. If this is not or only partly the case, the relevant knowledge in the crossover seminar is to be conveyed so that the approval rights are obtained. These are:
· For OWSI - Nitrox-40, CPR/O²/AED, Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Aquatic Life, Deep Diving.
· For MSI - as per OWSI, additionally Dive Group Leader, Diving Safety & Rescue.
The main tasks available during the crossover seminar are:
· DIWA’s training system, safety standards, training guidelines and ethic standards, philosophy.
· DIWA’s certification system and documents.
· Course contents and procedures (any differences are identified and discussed).